Aestheticians can only help with surface conditions of the skin. Sometimes, we see abnormal situations that can be overwhelming and may indicate health problems.
When Feet Deliver Signs of a Weak Liver
11 Things Your Feet Can Tell You About Your Liver
1. Red and brown dots on the feet (usually in the lower leg) – Poor circulation or diabetes.
2. White nail bed – Poor circulation.
3. Pale or whitish nails - liver problems can cause anemia, resulting in a pale appearance of the nails.
4. Itching in the bottom of the foot – Congested liver or bile backing up and a buildup of histamines. Skin is trying to detox because the liver can’t.
5. Hot feet or foul odour – The liver can’t detoxify correctly. It is backing up through the skin.
6. Swelling in the feet and ankles - fluid retention in the lower extremities can occur due to impaired liver function.
7. Toenail fungus – People with liver problems can have more fungi growing in the body because of the flora imbalance in the gut.
8. Yellowing of the skin and nails can signify jaundice, which occurs when the liver cannot process bilirubin properly.
9. Tingling or numbness in the feet - peripheral neuropathy can occur due to liver damage, affecting nerve function.
10. Spider veins or spider nevus – could be seen in cirrhosis. There is a building of estrogen in the liver. Too much estrogen can affect the vascular system.
11. Cracked heels – This could be a vitamin B3 deficiency or an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency.
Estheticians can only suggest that the client see a doctor. It’s important to note that many of these symptoms can have multiple causes, and you should consult a medical professional for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Here is another related article you may enjoy learning from: